Maintaining a watch requires regular maintenance, although a watch last long without repairs, it’s better to regularly have it checked to avoid potential bigger repair cost in the future. Cleaning must be done every 2 years, batteries and seals must also be replaced. Maintenance or servicing is best done every 3 years.
To maintain the watch do the following:
- Clean your watch with a regular soft and dry cloth.
- Don’t let it come in contact with any perfumes, alcohol or gas.
- Crown is pushed in to avoid dust or water from coming in
- Be careful, avoid scratches
- Remove watches when doing physical work, hot showers, baths, hot tubs or sauna.
- Don’t let your watch gets exposed in rapid change of temperature
- Keep your watches in a cool and dry place
- Remove or Change dead batteries to avoid harm in movement
- Water resistant models should get the seals checked every 2 years.
- Repairs or Servicing must be done by the official dealer.
- Exposure to saltwater must be avoided, if not make sure to rinse with fresh water straight away
- If moisture is see inside the crystal then get it serviced right away